Our COVID-19 Response
From December 5th 2021, guests on-board any Cruise Milford vessel will be required to present their COVID-19 Vaccination Pass prior to boarding.
This will enable us to continue operating through all levels of the governments COVID Protection Framework.
The health & safety of our guests and crew is our highest priority.
Face masks are still mandatory during check in procedures in the Milford Sound Visitor Terminal and while seated inside on-board the vessel.
Children under the age of 12 are exempt from the new requirements.
If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to get in touch.
What happens when we are in alert level 2
Cruise Milford is operating during alert level 2. We are receiving updates from the New Zealand Government daily and will adjust our procedures according to the newest data and recommendations.
If you would like to make a booking but have any questions or concerns, please get in touch with the friendly Contact Center Team:
Email: [email protected]
Phone: +64 3 398 6112 (if you’re calling from overseas) or our freephone number 0800 MILFORD (calls from New Zealand only)
*Cruise Milford guarantees the refund of all bookings cancelled 24hrs before departure or that cannot travel due to a change in Covid-19 restrictions.
Our highest priority is the safety and well-being of our customers, staff, suppliers and community. We are closely monitoring the ever-evolving COVID-19 situation and continue to be guided by the New Zealand Ministry of Health.
How we’re keeping you safe during alert level 2
We have intensified regular disinfecting of high-touch points such as handrails, door handles and countertops. Bathrooms are sanitized at the end of every cruise and seats, tables and window ledges are sprayed with disinfectant. Hand sanitizer (75% alcohol) is available on board all of our vessels and during the check in and boarding process.
- On arrival at Milford Sound, please ensure you maintain a 2m distance from other visitors in the Milford Sound Visitor Terminal on the wharf whilst waiting for your cruise
- It is mandatory to wear a face covering inside the Milford Sound Visitor Terminal, we encourage guests to keep their masks on while waiting on the wharf for boarding
- Signage will be displayed in the Terminal building and on-board the vessel to remind customers of the need for extra vigilance and increased personal hygiene, particularly thorough hand washing.
- Providing our staff with up-to-the-moment guidance and information so they can keep themselves, their families, colleagues and our guests safe.
- We are asking any staff or customers who are feeling unwell to please stay at home and seek medical advice via Healthline or their GP
- Contact details (name, email address and contact phone number) will be required for each group at time of booking. This is in accordance with New Zealand’s level 2 guidelines. Details are kept private and are only collected for contact tracing purposes if the need arises.
- Passengers must follow crew instructions at all times while on-board the vessel.
- During the cruise face coverings are mandatory while inside, we encourage guests to also wear their face masks while using the outside decks